Monday, December 24, 2012

Top 10 Best Christmas Movies / Specials Ever!

Happy Holidays!




Since Christmas is one of my absolute favorite times of the year for watching classic holiday movies I decided  to compile a list of not only the greatest but some of my favorite Christmas movies to maybe inspire you guys tomorrow to enjoy with your loved ones.I hope this list brings you as much joy and memories as it does for me!

xoxox
Nerdychick

Top 10 Best Christmas Movies / Specials Ever!

10. A Christmas Story
A family movie that I feel everyone could relate too. Between a wonderful script, and amazing actors you simply cannot go wrong with this classic holiday film.

9.It Happened on 5th Avenue.
Sure the script might be a little far fetched (a homeless man squatting in a rich mans home and the hilarious hi jinks that ensue) It is still worth watching just for the sincere performances and wonderful character actors that pepper this wonderful film. I feel it is a wonderfully optimistic film that will delight your love of classic christmas movies, and will make a wonderful addition to your collection.

8.Prancer.
I grew up watching this and I am proud to say the story still holds up to this day. The story of a   daughter and Father who are poor and the struggles that entails, come across what the daughter believes to be a fallen reindeer (I know, but bear with me.) Between the sappy plot and depressing moments, it actually is a good commentary on real families in real situation and the importance of coming together to survive through the tough times.

7.Holiday Inn.

A classic movie that always gets over looked by the huge christmas staple that has become " White Christmas" But I feel might be a little bit better in a way. The plot is surrounded a singer who wants a change of pace, and buys an inn to create shows and also live a peaceful life from the hustle and bustle of the entertainment world. The gimmick being that he creates brand new musical reviews for pretty much every major holiday you can think of (including Abraham Lincoln! The awkward showstopper.)
Fun, romantic, and an instant classic for lovers of anything that Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby do!

6.How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
What can I say that has not already been said about this classic? Seriously, it's the Grinch You would have to live under a rock or be the Grinch himself to not appreciate this masterpiece.

  5.Christmas Vacation.
It does not matter how many years I have been watching this film, it is still in my opinion one of the funniest christmas movies ever! Comedic flawless timing, wonderful cast and Chevy at his best, this is an absolute must for the holiday season!

4.Scrooged.
Hands down this is my favorite Bill Murray movie! Oddly enough, I heard that Bill hates this movie, which is completely maddening to me since there is nothing bad about it. Great cast, wonderful script and some wonderful genuine moments from Bill Murray makes this a huge staple in my families movie rotation.

                                                               3.The Snowman.
This to me is one of the most brilliant pieces of animation to ever grace my television set.It's beautiful score, and breathtaking animation makes me extremely envious that I was not apart of this gem somehow. If you have never seen it, please click now! I promise it will give you chills and move you to tears. Simply a family must!

2.White Christmas.
Ah good old Bing Crosby and Danny Fucking Kaye! This classic holiday movie is an absolute must and I can guarantee will leave you with a song in your heart and your toes a tappin!

1.It's a Wonderful Life.
It's a wonderful life....just go watch it....right now....seriously right now.......a brilliant classic which makes you think, and warms your heart. I feel many of us can relate to his struggles, which makes it the most enduring movie of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment